Monday, January 11, 2010

The First Week

Smiley Sign Generator at TheSmileySign.com
Hello Hello! It's the first week of the 2010! How's everyone there? =)

AlrightSmiley. I am here to update everyone about my recent life lu. So, yeap, no mistake, Sandra has started her uni life. I have enrolled at the UK Law Transfer Program at Help University College. Well why HELP? I have my reasons. First of all it's because in Malaysia, only Help uni as well known at offering transfer program to UK for Law Degree. Secondly, if I were to go UK uni directly, I will only start my 1st year this Sept. BUT starting this course at Help on the Jan, I will then complete my 1st year on August this year and will leave to UK on coming Sept. Hence, it helps me to save my time instead of waiting for another 9 months as well as financially. Also, I planned to do my Bar Vocational Course (BVC) at UK so the 1st year money can be saved for my another year for my Bar. So well here it is. =)

So here's a bit to share on my 1st week at HELPEmoticon.

hmm well. The first week of uni was alright, hmm at least things went on smoothly. Just that I havent tune my timing back to wake up early in da morning yet. but luckily my timetable is indeed quite flexible. well probably im not emotionally prepared for uni yet. argh i dont know why at 1st. but after all i think Sandra is not ready for a ChangeSmiley. Days in taylors were real campus life and i think it's the best that we can get in malaysia. everything is within our walking distance and all facilities i would say are up to standard. So, my new environment is a total contradiction with campus life but a city kinda uni life.

To me, city uni life would be decent if it is happened to be at London, New York or Melbourne coz these are all well structured city. BUT not in Malaysia, KL is not indeed one. I would really appreciate that HELP offers quality education system but sadly not facilities. My classes and lectures are conducted at wisma help, which is another campus, a office building liked where I have to take lift to my class but the lift sucks. The lecture hall's seats are not well equiped, i normally will happen to sit at one with spoiled attached table. plus, I am with spinal problem, sitting in such a seat for 4 hours is torturing. During class break, when at taylors, we normally walked out to the corridors, for some fresh air and green plants Smileyor just to stretch and chill out. but here, when you look out the window, you will see contructions going on next door and people never linger around the corridors, that's weird, unless you are on the phone.

Lunch break!Smiley ahhem, not much variety of food here, you can count it. mamak i assumed mostly and cafeteria food, except one subway nearby. so there's hardly any nice place that you can hang out with your friends. Unless get back to eat at main campus near at the imigration department building, but i dont have class there, so NO. Normally after class you can see the crowd just disappear, some to take shutter bus, some to get car, some to the library, basically people just leave, they dont stay to chill.

Oh well, i know i have spilted things out. hmm well i shall have my rights to express according the the ECHR, Article 10 (lol i sounded so lawful XD). But honestly, i have to get use to this new place but im not ready for such changesSmiley. from campus to city kinda uni life is a big contrast. people, you know sandra well, as im here to complain and share my thoughts but sooner enough i will accept it. BUT one good thing, there's not much of traffic jam going to HELP compare to taylors as from my place, so im bearing with it.

For the 1st year I will be doing 5 subjects :Emoticon

  • Legal Method System
  • Constitutional & Administrative Law
  • Contract Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Legal Skills

I have come across a very beautiful introduction by my LMS lecturer, ms.cirami

" Law we may say, is like a glass, sometimes clear, sometimes obscure, through which passes the light of justice " - R.H. Hickling

I have learnt that Law is not just about the black and white, mostly it is about the grey part.Emoticon

Besides, I really need to catch up back with my friends. I miss Ms.muffin and Mr.stick alot. Oh! and duckie and penguin! and also cheryl bb! sorry lee that few weekends couldnt meet you up. promise another weekend when you come up again ya =) who else? eh.. wanted the yamcha session with weilun and cheejian as well as the singk session with my beloved rong & teng. hmm.. 5 5 5 date me date me okie? Emoticon

loves to all -xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment